Friday, February 01, 2008









The Burden of Freedom

This is the title of a book I read some years ago written by Dr Myles Munroe. This post is just an introduction; we'll talk more about it in subsequent posts.


I remember when I was much younger and very much under my parents, I was 'denied' of certain things and I had restrictions as to where to go, what to do with my time, etc, then I always told myself that soon, I would be free. I looked forward to the day I would own my home, make my decisions, and just do what I liked.

When I became 'free' after I got married and had a family, I discovered that there was more to life than doing what I liked. RESPONSIBILITY was the key word that stood me in the face, making decisions of various degrees and magnitudes and facing the consequences of those decisions for new home were things I had to face.

There is indeed a burden in being free..... more gist to come.

No comments: