Monday, January 14, 2008





Encouragement for the week!



I sat on my desk today as i thought of what i could write on, my day had been extremely busy and my thoughts were far from flowing. But here's a little something for us for the new week.


Don't spend major time with minor people. If there are people in your life that continually disappoint you, break promises, stomp on your dreams, are too judgmental, have different values and don't give their backing during difficult times...that is not a friend.


To have a friend, be a friend. Sometimes in life as you grow, your friends will either grow or go. Surround yourself with people who reflect values, goals, interests and lifestyle.


When I think of any of my successes, I am thankful to GOD from whom all blessings flow, and to my family and friends that enrich my life.


At first you think you're going to be alone, but after a while new people show up in your life that make your life so much sweeter and easier to endure.


Remember what your elders used to say, “Birds of a feather flock together. If you're an eagle, don't hang around chickens: Chickens Can’t Fly!


Have a fulfilled week!

1 comment:

@biola.com said...

Topsie,

Felix spoke of choices and I agree that we are a product of choices we made. My past years had a number of wrong choices in them and one of them is the choice of association.

I think it is essential that we are good judges of character. Some of us cannot tell the difference between a pigeon and a dove, a chicken and a guinea fowl, a rat and a guinea pig so we find ourselves in the wrong company too frequently.

If you have a response to dealing with that I will appreciate it in your next post.

Then suppose I grow and replace my association. What happens when my old friends see me as bad and unfair. I guess it is best to just carry each other along as much as possible.

Of course I know that the Dog that will be lost will never hear the hunter's whistle even if he blew it with amplifiers and speakers connected to it. (Today's Quotable Quote...write it down. lol)

Cheers