Wednesday, January 16, 2008





SURROUNDED!


I believe strongly and it’s happening already, that this year is going to be one of my busiest so far. Right from Jan 1 when we had the New Naija launch till date, everyday has been eventful.


I thought of what title to give this post, had a couple of options, till I decided to choose ‘Surrounded’. Indeed, I’M SURROUNDED!!!


On Saturday, I was home all day, had to do some house cleaning, change my hairstyle….. My husband had one or two meetings during the day but got back around past 6pm. My hairdresser was scheduled to come and braid my hair for 2pm, but didn’t show up until 4.30pm and lasted till after 9pm. At about 7.30pm, a cousin of mine rushed in to tell us that armed robbers were inside our estate and they were currently ‘operating’ on the block opposite ours. Immediately, I muttered a prayer, reminding myself that I’m God’s child with a covenant of protection, and that we dwell in the SECRET PLACE of the most high where no robber can locate us. Shortly after, they left the estate after making away with mobile phones, money, and jewelry from some flats. Nobody in the estate was hurt. There were security men on duty at the gate who were hit with a gun as they gained access into the estate. Hmmm…..”Except the Lord watches over a house, the watchmen watch in vain”.


Yesterday morning, I had an appointment in Ikoyi to take pictures for International passport and had to go with my daughter and son. We finished and headed for home. As we turned in at the major junction towards berger from the express, we came face to face with about 4 armed robbers in a car who were shooting in the air and coming towards us; almost immediately, a bike man signaled to my driver who made a quick U turn, moved forward and parked off the express. They moved in the same direction as us, but soon drove past us. It was like a movie; things could have turned out much differently, those bullets being shot in the air could have hit anyone; they were facing us but we were not hurt.


I also heard about a junior friend who boarded a bus occupied by ritualists but they dropped her off when they saw her with a bible.


I got home and recounted these events and knew better than to say ‘why all these?’ I rejoiced and reminded myself, that as for me, my family and everyone that is linked to me in anyway, and you……..yes, you, are SURROUNDED!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

His word gives me an assurance that they WILL and not IF ,COME,1000 on the left and 10,000 on my right,HE say they will not touch YOU,because i am the lord of hosts.You are surrounded indeed

Anonymous said...

I say and I translate

Ijinle oro lati ori ite mimo:
Flesh and Blood did not reveal to you

Ododo ni nitooto:
It is of a truth indeed

@biola

Anonymous said...

Yeah...I agree that we are surrounded but the difference is that those that surround us are different from those that surrounded the world.

I do understand what it means for Armed robbers to operate in your estate and not to be hurt. This only shows that it is only GOD that can save. Can you imagine a situation where there is exchange of gun shots within your compound and you are fast asleep? That was my experience in July 2007.

So, sister, my encouragement is for us to trust HIM alone. There is little the security men can do o. God said that thousands will fall by our sides and they will not come near us.

Enjoy

Unknown said...

still waiting for the new post...

Anonymous said...

Thank God o,
Ehn ,imagine what would have happened if ...,God forbid.I practically work through the valley of shadow of death(mile 2)Everyday but God is being faithful and i am divinely covered by God.
Thank God for his protection over you and your household.

Anonymous said...

I am speechless at the moment, the only thing that comes to my head now is thank GOD.

Treasure said...

You are indeed surrounded;By a host of angels, sent to watch over you and your children.
What came to my mind after reading your experience was: "you can either be surrounded by the heavenly host or the forces of darkness".You were in the midst of darkness, yet, there was a shield around you. He that dwells in the secret place of the most high, shall abide, dwell, reside,.... under the shadow of the almighty. I wonder who would dare touch someone living under the wings of the ALMIGHTY. SELAH.